Stainless steel expansion joints
The metal, stainless steel compesnators is usually preffered in higher pressures and temperatures.
They manage to absorb the unwanted movements from thermal expansions and vibrations of the systems. Based on the type of movement, compensators more or less are:
- Universal – when movements are axial, angular, or laterial, with low pressure
- Axial – for compensation of assembly tolerances, axial movements and thermal expansions.
- Laterial – changes of pressure and fluid movement, making the pipelines to move sideways.
- Angular – when big diameters and pressures are present, in combination with two or more compensators in small area.
- PTFE coated stainless steel – when aggressive chemical media and high temperatures are present.