Sapphire Extreme 2Heavy duty, high load, high temperature, shock resistant grease
ROCOL® SAPPHIRE Extreme 2 is a heavy duty, high temperature bearing grease fortified with molybdenum disulphide. It has been designed for the effective lubrication and protection of ball, roller and plain bearings used in extreme environments. SAPPHIRE Extreme 2 combines the resilience of a clay thickener with the addition of molybdenum disulphide ensuring that a lubricating film exists under the most extreme loadings where the grease film can be squeezed out.
SAPPHIRE Extreme 2 is particularly suitable for high temperature bearings operating in extreme conditions such as shock loads, vibration and wet environments.
It is designed for all types of ball, roller and plain bearings typically found in industries such as steelworks, quarries, mining, marine, docks, agriculture, construction, brick and tile works and other industries particularly where ovens or similar heavy duty, high temperature applications are found.
SAPPHIRE Extreme 2 excels in applications such as ovens, furnaces, kiln cars, crushers, screens, presses, loaders, scrapers, wagons and similar applications where bearings, pins, bushes, slides etc. are subjected to extreme conditions.
- Excellent high temperature resistance – operating from -10°C to +235°C.
- Non-melting, organically modified clay (Bentone) thickened, grease, fortified with molybdenum disulphide, for excellent high temperature and water resistance.
- Molybdenum disulphide (MoS2) has an affinity to metal surfaces leaving a tenacious high load carrying film with a low coefficient of friction. This film provides an extremely durable layer, reducing frictional heat and wear and extending component life and lubrication intervals.
- Ideal for highly loaded applications, where shock loads and vibration can occur.
- Highly resistant to oxidation, providing extended lubrication intervals over conventional lubricants.
- Excellent corrosion resistance to protect in humid, damp and even wet conditions.
- Highly tenacious lubricants, with outstanding film strength, ensure the lubricants remain in place even in severe operating conditions.
- SAPPHIRE Extreme 2 maintains its integrity in extreme conditions and continues to protect over extended lubrication intervals, reducing equipment failure, downtime and lubricant usage.
- Pack size: 400g, 5kg; 18kg; 50kg